Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flying Solo

WOW! I just spent a long time playing with the settings on this blog site- thing. Some of you may have noticed my new blog title. The old one was super lame and not representative of my self-proclaimed free spirit.

But enough about my ego, let's talk about babies.......

I was so excited to blog all day. I kept watching for the babies to do something cute so I could write about it. Here is the report:

Harry is still walking.
Gwenny is still talking.
Both are still throwing food on the floor. Harry taught his sister that one. She used to be the good eater and now she is very good at getting food to stick to the wall, not just the floor.

 I don't really know how to deal with this. It seems that meal time is a time where I might as well just scatter food around the kitchen and then clean it up after 20 min. since the kids want nothing to do with it. But, of course, as a mom you try anything (especially when the doc says the kids did not gain weight as they should have done at their last appointment). So, the new plan is to offer 1 food at a time. If it gets thrown on the floor, it gets taken away and the next food is offered, and so on. If all the food gets thrown on the floor, the kids are taken out of their highchairs for a few minutes until they are ready to try again. Well, I am speaking as if this has been a plan that I have tried even just once and that is not true, but I will say Sarah Poppins and I are on board with it. To be honest, it sounds like the pain in my ass that I am sure it will be (at least until I give up on it a few days from now).

Wait, who did you say up there?
I said Sarah Poppins.

Sarah is our nanny for 12 hours a week. It is hard to do multiples without help. After getting very sick from exhaustion back to back to back, we threw in the towel and hired Sarah. What a great find! That is why we call her Sarah Poppins. She cooks, cleans, loves the shit out of the babies, and they love her right back.
Thank you, Sarah. You make sipping this "Red Velvet Devil" merlot on the back porch all the more possible.

Audience ~I know what you are thinking. No, this wine is not that good. I got it at Target.

....And finally, after all my ramblings, we have reached the topic of this blog ~FLYING SOLO....or, more to the point, Flying solo day 1.
Here is the story. Jim left for Tahoe for the weekend. Matt and Alicia are having a baby in Oct. so Jim and Matt went on a babymoon together. Well, that is not entirely true...Tim went too. Soooooooo, I have the babies by myself this weekend. Sarah is going to help for part of Fri. and Sat. and the kids and I will pick Jim up on Sun. afternoon. I will let you know how it goes.













2 comments:

  1. Katie you are great. Enjoy the wine for the both of us! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alicia. Thanks for the inspiration, as well. Bloggers unite!

    ReplyDelete