Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Walking with socks

"Celebrate -We will....cause life is short but sweet for certain."

This is my first entry (at nap time of course). The above picture was taken 13 months ago. Yes, we have 1 year old boy/girl twins which explains why I have had no time to document anything until now. I still may not have much time to write, but I will do so when I can. I want a journal of this time in our lives to live forever in cyberspace.

The specifics: Gwendolyn Grace Schmidt (baby A) was born at 9:05 PM 7/1/11. She weighed 5lbs.
                       Harrison James Schmidt (baby B) was born at 9:06 PM 7/1/11. He weighed 5lbs. 3oz.

Yes, Preemies. I had them at 35 weeks and 7 days (36 weeks basically).

It was a CRAZY, refluxy, wonderful, sleep- deprived time. I would never change a minute, not even the hard minutes. I actually can't imagine life with one baby. It seems a bit boring, with less hugs and all, though probably MUCH easier to get around. We, on the other hand, had to order food from Amazon Fresh (grocery delivery). Hell, we had to order everything from Amazon because leaving the house was the impossible dream. I am sure we got Jim's pay check every month and then just gave it right back to the company with the amount of stuff we had to order to take care of 2 babies and the dog. Poor Inara! Such a sweet girl who was used to being our baby. All of a sudden she was not top dog any more (get it? Top Dog). Anyway, she survived that first year too thanks to doggy daycare (the establishment that got what was left of Jim's paycheck).

So, fast forward to today. 13 months later, but really 1 year later if you adjust their age according to their preemie status.

 Gwenny has been able to walk for about 3 weeks now. Harry saw this and wanted to do it to but couldn't or wouldn't. It seemed to us to be a little of both. I was folding laundry when Harry walked around the corner from the kitchen. He had a sock in each hand and 1 in his mouth and he was walking towards me! CUTIE!!!

What is so significant about this? You would think it would be the excitement of both kids having reached a huge milestone. You would think that and you would be wrong. For a twin mom, the significance is more freedom to go places and do things. I couldn't do that before. Well, I could, but I had to have a stroller because there is no way to carry 2 babies at the same time. Well, they make these twin carrier things but I don't think they work that well.

So now, I will still have to put 1 baby in the car and then go back in the house for the other baby for a while, but because they can walk,  we can take a class! We need and enclosed space. I don't trust the park. There is still only one mommy and too much space to run away from mommy while I am chasing the other one. A class sounds good, though. Enclosed space where they can only go so far. Of course, I would rather be outside, but I will take my freedom anyway I can get it!

My babies are on the loose, Seattle.


P.S.

Let it be know that I am a horrible speller with no time to edit or spell check (or no desire to). Also, the 'B' button sucks on my laptop so this blog is what it is, take it or leave it.

 Also, if you know me, then you know my thoughts come fast and all over the place. There is a connection in my head that is not always apparent to the reader/ listener.....another take it or leave it disclaimer.




No comments:

Post a Comment