I have chosen a car seat (not purchased, but chosen)....check. I am still alive after my flying solo weekend with no Jim, 2 teethers, and over-heated babies....check check. AND.... I get to celebrate this with the block party right in my backyard.
I am actually making the block party sound way more exciting than it is. Maybe the title of this post doesn't need an exclamation point. It is more of a period type event. Or maybe the title could be followed by an apathetic emoticon.
Anyway, here it is the description (now that I have set it up WAY too much). Every august the police department puts on BBQs for all the neighborhoods. Maple Leaf is our neighborhood and the block party is on 12th (the street behind our house). It is a good idea on the part of the city, but not many people show up. There is usually a band, though I think budget cuts have axed that this year. About 5 or 6 people start to dance in an awkward is-everyone-looking-at-me? sort of way. Ha! funny. The kids will love it. It is the perfect activity to wear out 2 new walkers before bed.
ooooh, and check out Harry and Gwenny:
They like climbing now so they climbed into the toy box. They just learned to climb so it has not gotten really bad yet....but give it a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment